Motherhood

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, mommies, moeders, makuahine, and mutters out there. When I looked up 'Mother' in different languages, 'Mama' or something very much like it dominated the field - even in an obscure language like Quechua...Mama. A rather universal word.

There are so many quotes out there surrounding motherhood. These are some of my favorites and pretty much sum up my own personal experience:

“Motherhood is a choice you make everyday, to put someone else's happiness and well-being ahead of your own, to teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing even when you're not sure what the right thing is...and to forgive yourself, over and over again, for doing everything wrong.”  ~Anonymus

And then, there is:


“There's no bitch on earth like a mother frightened for her kids.”  
― Stephen King





And finally, one I am sure my own kids would wholeheartedly agree with:


“Mothers are all slightly insane.”  ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye


My 3 little blessings, back then.
And who, now, will be driving me to the mountains for a picnic and a hike on Mother's Day.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seeking Shelter (aka Querencia 2)

19 March 2012

The Big C