Part 2, On stepping out of ruts

Whew...busy, busy, busy....

Snippets of what's brewing in this desert heat (of which we've been given a lovely reprieve with bouts of glorious rain, cool breezes, and semi-cloudy days - my a/c is on a much needed hiatus...)...


This is what is brewing this very minute out of the picture window where I sit and do 'computer stuff' - meaning prepping over 125 photos. Twice. At least. For every photo used in the catalog and on the website. Our upcoming Hwy 62 Open Studio Art Tours is the last 2 weekends in October. 

Follow it here!

The horizon is now filled with darkening clouds, the promise of more rain in the air. Monsoon season has arrived earlier yet we are still behind in annual rain fall....





Christmas in July! A birthday present 6 months early! Or how about just a well-deserved, much planned for gift to myself? Finally. I can print my works the way I want. Stay tuned for printed pieces and how to buy them and where they will be showing....
















And, of course, when it was too hot to do much else, sometimes you just need to stop, put your feet up and refuel. Alternating between reading a memoir on one woman's sole trek over 1,000 miles of the Pacific Crest Trail and watching a food channel on no cook, summer produce meals...







Here is the newly reorganized 'creative corner' with encouragement from my biggest fan -Toby + my iMac, scanner, laser printer, a multitude of journals, how-to books, and other inspirational reads with the trusty rebounder smack-dab in the middle. Why? Because I've learned: 1.) if I put it away to get out when I plan to use it, I don't. Now it gets put up for company and I use it every day, and 2.) a few minutes of daily bouncing gets the creative juices flowing when I'm stuck - not to mention it keeps my legs and core strong for when hiking season is in full swing this fall...


And finally, something to force me to really put my work out there...The Sketchbook Project. A very inspirational project with literally thousands of participants all over the world. The completed sketchbooks travel the North American continent (for now) and then are housed at the Brooklyn Art Library complete with an official library number. Pretty sweet, huh?

You can learn more about this project here:              The Sketchbook Project 2013

Ok, enough dawdling for today. Other than my photo processing files, time to shut down the 'net, absolutely no Facebookin' but, maybe a bounce or 2 and a meander outside in the freshly washed desert air to help stay out of that rut....

Stay cool.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seeking Shelter (aka Querencia 2)

Promise yourself...

19 March 2012