A no particular title post...


Time flies. When you are having fun. When you are busy. When you are standing still. Doesn't matter - it just flies....

I thought I'd have all this time once my last kiddo left the nest for college last August. No such thing. I'm busier than I've ever been even though I had cleared my plate of the many committees and obligations that consumed me; only to fill that time with something else for someone else. I think my problem is there's just too many interesting things to be part of. And I can't say no. 

"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being."  ~Carl Jung

Today is another blustery, cold day. My favorite kind because it means I get to hunker down inside and dream and think and sort and sift through stuff in a mindless kind of way. Toby gets extra treats. And I can drink as much tea as I want because I don't have to wait for the bell to ring signaling a much needed break. Simple pleasures.

Here is an image from my summer trip with my daughter. We sojourned across Native American lands into the San Juan Mountains of Colorado. Much needed breathing space. New vistas. Expanses to stretch the legs, heart, and mind...



And here is one more from a wander at Desert Queen Ranch in Joshua Tree National Park a few weeks back. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seeking Shelter (aka Querencia 2)

19 March 2012

The Big C