Happy 2013...

Oh goodness. What a year, what a year...

First of all, let me wish you, dear readers, friends and followers, a happy new year filled with good health, many doors of opportunities, and warm embraces from those you love who love you back.... After all, isn't 13 a lucky number?

This date also marks the end of the first full year of Mojave Light Musing. One year! As I review past posts, the path has certainly ended up somewhere completely different from my original intention. I'm glad I've allowed the energy to unfold in its own organic direction. Never would I have thought I'd have readers from all over the world! I am most grateful to the encouragement, responses, and sharing of your own thoughts as we journeyed, vicariously, through a very tumultuous year.

How would I sum up 2012? As I sit here, cozied up by the fireplace, hot tea by my side, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride comes to mind (if you've experienced Disneyland, you'll know what I mean).

Or, doing laundry.

Globally, 2012 was a year full of crazy destruction....in the weather, in politics, in certain people's sick and hideous actions.  After the shock of loss comes digging in our heels and joining together to heal. Nothing will be the same but perhaps that is the point. What was wasn't working. Sometimes change happens because we plan it to. Many times change happens because we are afraid to and God-theUniverse-MotherNature tips over our chair and spills us out to wake us up.

Okay! I'm awake now!

With all that said, 2012 brought me many gifts. Some obvious - heart warming and delightful. Some I had to hunt through the rubble of packaging to find it's worth.... I think I'd sum it up to doing laundry.....in the end, all the stuff you don't need (most of it anyway), ends up being washed down the drain or in the lint catcher to be thrown away. The important parts come out all fresh, fluffy, and ready to be worn again.

So....where will I go with Mojave Light Musing this second year? I'm not even sure I want to make any kind of resolution as to its future purpose or how often I'll make the effort to post. That feels too constrained.

Some ideas I've been toying with are:

  • Stick more to a photograph a day/week/per theme approach
  • Let this continue to organically flow as it has
  • Keep it strictly to life in my desert
  • Just keep rambling
  • Add more tutorial aspects
  • Maybe all of the above 
  • What do you think?
I will leave you all with one photograph. One I took last night as I wandered the festive streets of Temecula while a friend played in a swing jazz band.  There was a group of young people, mostly high schoolers, who were in a Swing Dance Club at their respective high schools. They chose to spend the evening just hanging out, listening to the music, and dancing in the street as the moment struck them. Some liked to show off to the crowd. Others quietly taught one another swing steps in the shadows off to the side. There were people of all ages and ethnicities milling about, from newly born to infinity.... wishing one another a happy new year.

Let 2013 be open to spontaneous moments of joy. 

Grab a partner, kick up your heels, and dance to the beat of your heart.......

2013©DianaShayDiehl






Comments

Patricia Knight said…
Happy New Year to you as well Diana. You could always try a weekly posting and/or perhaps a monthly theme.

Popular posts from this blog

Seeking Shelter (aka Querencia 2)

Promise yourself...

19 March 2012