Cooling waters

Still viewing life from the haze of a feverish head, I'm drawn to the cooling waters of the north Pacific.... The desert isn't doing it for me at the moment. I am looking forward to that lovely glow of fall/winter light returning when everything turns magical again....


Homer, Alaska / Bishops Beach at extremely low tide. All these rocks are completely submerged at high tide.
You can't even tell they are there. I walked to the end of that bluff before realizing the tide was returning and I was about to be cut off. The steep walls of the bluff were just crumbly dirt. No way to climb out without causing a dirt avalanche.  Unless I had wings or wanted to swim, I had to triple-time it back up to dry land.              ©Diana Shay Diehl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seeking Shelter (aka Querencia 2)

19 March 2012

The Big C